Fun ways to enjoy the last days of summer with your family
AS SUMMER COMES TO AN END..
As summer's end is drawing close an urge for busyness may be creeping into your consciousness. Back to school preparations, getting that last trip in before autumn and getting involved in community activities may start filling your schedule, what if we choose to embody a quality of spaciousness to relish every last ray of summer?
FUN WAYS TO ENJOY THE LAST DAYS OF SUMMER WITH YOUR FAMILY
- What fruits and veggies are in season? Harvest, preserve, freeze, bake, jam, share and enjoy them as much as you can until next year. Children can help with so much from picking to chopping and cooking and label making.
- Go camping, if your backyard is what is doable, go for it. Click here for tips on camping with children.
- Eat dinner outside. If you don't have time to prepare dinner, just pick up some burritos and bring a blanket to the park. Your children will love it!
- Make a playlist just for you and when you have time alone, mama dance party. Here is my Summer Spotify playlist.
- Enjoy swimming and water play. Our 5 year old loves to dance in the sprinkler and our 1 year old enjoys splashing her hands and toys in a little wash basin.
- Lay on the earth and give thanks for life.
- Laughter moves breath and makes space for joy, LOL!
Reconnect with rhythm in your home with our Healthy Home Rhythms online course. Learn how to create a healthy family rhythm at your own pace from home. New to the concept of rhythm? This class is for you.