October: Self-Care for Parents
Self Care for parents, in the spirit of community:
- Host a "come as you were" costume party asking your guests to dress as a former part of their life or as they believe they were in a past life
- Clean out your pantry and donate to a local food bank
- Eat by candle light (find a tutorial for a candle sweater here)
- Add a pinch of cardamom to your coffee or tea
- Find a book of poetry and read one poem a day
- Create community by reaching out, making requests and being real. This is especially important in the postpartum year when parents can feel isolated.
- Unplug by 7 pm
- Enjoy this gorgeous autumn song written by Ayla Nereo and joined by Ma-Muse in this performance CLICK HERE
- Collect blessings from family and friends to share at your meal table. Click here to print our 3 page collection of meal blessings.
- Create Community by hosting or attending a People's Supper. Their vision, We aim to repair the breach in our interpersonal relationships across political, ideological, and identity differences, leading to more civil discourse. And, we plan to do it in the most nourishing way we know – over supper!
This is so beautiful! I’m so happy to be a part of this community.
Jenn, thanks for the kind comment. I’m glad you’re part of this community too 🙂
Eek! I love the fall! Such great timing! This course is going to help me transform more dreams of spreading the warmth of sweet soul milk! Thank you Kerry! And ALL those who attributed! Your gracious energy and advice is welcome!