Nurturing the Heart of the Home is a monthly class for parents who wish to celebrate the magic found in everyday life with your children all year round. Meeting once a month through the year, we will explore the connection that we are creating for our family within the changing seasons. Each month will have a theme, weaving us with our environment connecting with nature and with the rhythm of the year. Cost $20 per class.
In this lively class we will…
- learn seasonal songs and circle games appropriate (but not limited) for children from birth to 7 years old.
- make and take home a simple seasonal craft that you can share or create with your family.
- participate in community conversation and share about the traditions that you would like to carry on from our childhood, as well as the new celebrations you are creating for our family.
- develop an understanding of your family’s values and culture.
- tend to the hearth and home with joy, warmth, ease and authenticity.
- each class is accompanied by access to a password protected page on the website that has notes, additional resources and audio clips of the songs and games we learn together.
This class meets one Tuesday each month from 7:00pm-8:30pm. The classes are held at Creative Parenting Center located at 7151 Wilton Rd. Suite 102. in downtown Sebastopol. Street parking available.
More classes will continue to be listed. Classes are held by Kerry Ingram who is a trained and experienced Waldorf and LifeWays educator and parent. She is inspired to cultivate a deep connection with the changing of seasons, mother nature and her community of family and friends. Her experience in the Waldorf Kindergarten and LifeWays home playgarden has taught her that connection is at the center of a vibrant family life. She currently leads a local multi-generational group, Mothering Arts, that nurtures mothers and babies in their first year postpartum, mentors LifeWays students in training, serves as Vice President on the LifeWays board of trustees and strives to make homelife a source of joy and peace.