Mini Broccoli, Corn and Cheese Quiche
We have a yummy recipe from our friend Lisa at Kindergarten Cooks for a healthy and easily prepared breakfast. Lisa is a certified personal trainer and health coach with a youth fitness specialty. Thank you, Lisa 🙂
I work with kids ranging from four to twelve years old and have a very special focus on my kindergarteners. For the past three years, I have been teaching kinders how to cook healthy meals and snacks and have learned so much along the way. I am so excited to share some fun and healthy food ideas with you and your children!
Let’s start our broccoli quest with breakfast! These adorable and healthy crustless veggie quiches will help your kids become more familiar with broccoli while mixing it with the almost universally loved corn. Hope you have fun testing out this high fiber, high protein, and vitamin-rich recipe with your little ones!
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Grease a 12 mini muffin pan
- Separate corn from the cobs using a sharp knife or corn cutter and set aside
- Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl.
- Add broccoli, corn, salt, pepper, and cheese to eggs and milk. Thoroughly mix everything together.
- Evenly distribute mixture into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve and/or save in a glass container for the week!
Click here to learn more about Lisa at Kindergarten Cooks.
Don't forget to give thanks for the nourishment that mother earth provides. Click here to download our free collection of meal blessings to share with your family.
Using muffin tins to make charming little edibles is such a fun idea! I’m wondering what would work well as a substitutes for cow’s milk and cheese. Loving oat milk for use in coffee or tea, wonder if it would work well — worth a try eh? Thanks for sharing the recipe!
HI Jess, we really like diaya cheese for it’s melt-a-bility and hep milk has worked just fine for us. <3