Self-Care for Parents
- Practice a pause throughout your day.
- Create space for quiet and stillness.
- Model the importance of slowing down during our shortest days and longest nights.
- Light a candle or a fire.
- Walk beneath the stars.
- Write a letter of gratitude to yourself.
- Say no to an event.
- Say yes to rest.
- Embrace your role as the magic keeper this holiday and have fun!
- Organize friends to go caroling at a senior home.
- Add some fir or balsam oil to your oil diffuser.
- Turn on your email's vacation responder over your holiday... or longer.
- Join the FREE LifeWays Holiday Vision mini course online December 8 & 9 and walk away knowing how to celebrate this holiday season aligned with your heart's wishes.
The last three years I have "attended" a three part Women's Winter Solstice phone call that was very lovely and nurturing by Barbara Hannelore. Each call was 30 minutes and was a perfect pause just for me during the holiday season, it begins December 4th.
Come spend 3 quiet interludes during the turning of the year, I'll be there. Barbara offers this invitation; "Settle yourself and breathe a welcome sigh of relief as you release tension and connect with the essence of the season - a time for giving to yourself as well as others, and nourishing that generous spirit within you!"
What kind of family do we want to be?
What kinds of activities bring well-being to our family?
What do you want more of this holiday?
What do you want less of this holiday?
When do I feel still and peaceful?
What kind of feeling do we want to have in our home?
In what ways can we become more service-oriented as a family?
What does enough feel like?