The month is October, the air is getting cold. The leaves are all changing to red and to gold. The month is October and pumpkins I've seen, they're out trick-or-treating for now it's Halloween.
Fun Activities for October:
- make a colorful leaf mandala
- create a leaf and acorn garland
- make mini pumpkin votive holders
- gather leaves and make leaf rubbings with block crayons
- apples... picking, saucing, crisping, crumbling, pie-ing
- apple star stamps on mini paper bags
- sip some mulled cider
- pop a cinnamon stick in a simmer pot
- save seeds
- pick rose hips
- make corn husk dollies
- grind grains and bake bread
- dry herbs
- whistle with an acorn cap
- make a corn broom
- carve a pumpkin - BOO!
- make a felted pumpkin with a little elf inside~for those on our Heart of the Home course, this is our craft tutorial of the month. Click here to join us!
Feeling Crafty? Here are a few of my favorite simple ideas for this month.
What are your favorite activities and crafts for October? Please share in the comments below.